Saturday, February 9, 2013

  I'm determined that we will be making home meals for most of our kitchen remodel.  I've prepared by premaking a few things and buying lots of convenience foods.  Tonight, it's Lloyd's BBQ pork sandwiches and green beans.

So here is my new kitchen where I will be preparing said meals.  As you can see our pantry is the bookshelf which normally houses old homework and school supplies.  We have to cover the front with a giant whiteboard so the dog doesn't get into it. 
 
We are also utilizing my mom's hutch.  I normally keep the china in there, but for now we'll use it for the regular dishes and paper products.  

We moved the kitchen table in to act like a counter.  I plan to sell the kitchen table (and chairs) when we are done with the project. 


 We've got  the old microwave on top of some old cabinets that will ultimately end up in the garage.  The microwave is probably going to end up being scraped.  It's almost 9 years old and has quite a few problems.  (I can't believe the "life" of a microwave is only 10 years!  I know someone who has one from the 1980's!)  Our new microwave will be smaller and hopefully have a functioning turntable. 

2 comments:

  1. Do you really think that Lucy Fur will not move that white board when you go out? Seriously though I think that you have done a wonderful job towards keeping normalcy in your family while under construction. Me...... I would use this as a excuse to eat out every night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far Lucy has behaved. We'll see how she does when we return to our routine. Oh, and we did eat out tonight!

      Delete